Preparation of Mate and Tereré
1. Fill the Mate cup halfway with Yerba Mate.
2. Cover the container with your hand flat, tilt around the cup and shake the jar a little, so that the Yerba Mate is freed from dust.
3. Now fill some hot 70-80 ° C but not boiled water in the Mate-vessel in this place where no Yerba Mate is.
4. Wait for about 1 minute until the water absorbs.
5. Imagine the bombilla into the cup. You must be covered at the bottom with Yerba Mate.
6. The Bombilla may not be moved now, so the brew does not clog the screen.
7 You can now drink Yerba Mate.
8. When the container is empty, then do not throw away the broth, you can Sud repeatedly infuse. If the pouring small Mate leaves more to be seen (all below) and individual mate leaves float on top is called the Mate tea as "lavado" ("washed").
Yerba Mate in its original state a more bitter taste and is a bit strange for many a novice. You can of course change the Mate taste by adding sugar (sweet water in the Thermos and not in the Calabaza), fruit pieces, lemon or orange peel, fresh mint, lemon grass and other herbs.
Another method is the Mate with cold water, called Tereré. Here one uses only cold water, enhanced even with ice cubes. The cold water can sweeten or Priority apple juice.
The Yerba Mate is good in every season: in winter warms us, cool in summer.
foto: thanks to courtesy www.peron4.pl